In our approach to engine development, we are constantly pushing performance to the limits of physics. High-tech engineering is the pre-condition for modern engines to run more and more efficiently. When trial-and-error methods are no longer feasible – especially owing to costs, deadlines and safety – a holistic development methodology can be the only way forward. As a member of the AVL Group, the world’s largest privately owned developer of powertrains, we benefit from a global CAE network and contribute significantly to the further development of CAE methods, as well as the expansion of the CAE portfolio. Our special areas of expertise include:
- Analysis & Simulation of hot parts: we evaluate and optimise manifolds, EGR coolers, turbochargers and cylinder heads, accounting for viscoplastic material properties and using a range of methods, from 1D gas exchange analyses and 3D aerodynamic optimisation to fatigue testing.
- Vehicle aerodynamics: we conduct virtual wind-tunnel testing using CFD technology with particular focus on thermal management in the engine compartment and the thermal safety of components.
Cutting-edge CAE systems that have been specially adapted by our testing department guarantee prompt and reliable results using best-of-breed hardware and software resources with targeted proposals for design optimisation.
An overview of our services:
- fluid-mechanical analysis
- 1D oil and water circulation
- 1D gas exchange
- 3D CFD
- structural-mechanical analysis
- Fatigue testing
- Topology/shape optimisation
- Multi-body simulation
- Crank mechanism
- Timing drive